Our TEAM is growing and you may be the perfect fit!
Mountain Valley Hospice, in Gloversville, NY is looking for key positions to expand its Interdisciplinary Team. This spiritually enriched environment calls to people with compassion. In striving for Excellence we are looking for Qualified, Energetic candidates with Strong computer and Time Management skills. Flexibility and a Team Mindset are a must. Mountain Valley Hospice serves patients in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton, and Saratoga Counties.
POSITION: Marketing and Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary goal of all Mountain Valley Hospice employees is to understand and embrace the mission of hospice, and to continuously provide optimal care and support to the patients and families that we serve. Under the supervision of the CEO, this position is responsible for providing expertise in fundraising, development, graphic design and strategic integrated communication marketing for the agency. The individual serving in this position must demonstrate an understanding for the hospice philosophy and should be comfortable with issues related to terminal illnesses and the dying process.
Demonstrates a desire to help or serve others by showing concern for meeting the needs of patients, families, staff, visitors and community partners in a manner that provides satisfaction at the highest level possible for the agency. Willingness to be responsive to the needs of a culturally diverse population. Responsible for community outreach and education.
The intention to work cooperatively with others throughout the agency, to best serve our mission, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, and generating reports using standard software applications
- Knowledge of integrated marketing communication principles techniques, including media relations, sponsorship and social media.
- Knowledge of advertising principles, strategies and techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and special events
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Schedules and coordinates agency-wide internal and external marketing events. Represents the agency at various community and marketing functions by attending local and regional consumer and provider educational events. Provides public speaking presentations to promote the agency. Evaluates effectiveness and implements recommendations to continually improve marketing efforts.
- Works closely with outside agencies as appropriate to design, write, and edit printed promotional and informational materials; oversees production and distribution of materials. Negotiates with vendors regarding media cost, placement, and production scheduling.
- Identifies appropriate promotional media to reach target audiences and prepares budget estimates for promotional campaigns to promote the agency. Regularly monitors expenditures; prepares summary assessments and reports.
- Serves as a liaison with physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, clients, patients and families to promote good communications with the agency. In addition, serves as a liaison with media and community members. Assists with outbound communications and public relations. Writes and issues press releases.
- Continuously researches and explores grant opportunities on behalf of the agency; creates and maintains centralized grant writing procedures and assists staff members in this endeavor.
- Provides support for development and fundraising activities of the agency, as assigned.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Business Administration.
Experience: 3-5 years previous work experience in marketing or public relations; work experience in a medical/healthcare setting highly desirable.
Please send an application (attached below) and a resume/cover letter to Kara.Travis@mvhcares.org
Social Worker/Bereavement Counselor (Full-Time and Part-Time positions available)
Mountain Valley Hospice is seeking a compassionate, dedicated, and motivated Licensed Master of Social Work to join our team. Full-time salary and Per Diem positions are being considered with competitive compensation and health benefits. Mountain Valley Hospice thrives on providing quality genuine care to those in the community who are facing a life-limited expectancy or have experienced a loss in their life.
The qualified applicant will be responsible to:
- Empower individuals who are facing a life-threatening illness to live as fully as possible
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial and bereavement assessments
- Inform patient and families regarding community resources
- Provide therapeutic interventions for patients and family members
- Support patients, family members, and the community for anticipatory grief, crisis, and bereavement needs
- Create and provide in-services and education to staff and community partners
- Facilitate support groups
- Document assessments and visits in the electronic medical record in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary Team
- Direct and mediate family meetings
- Assist in completion of advanced directives
- Develop/Foster relationships with local community agencies
- Guide and direct volunteers in a
- EDUCATION: Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work approved by the Council of Social Work Education.
- LICENSURE: Current State License as a Social Worker LMSW or LCSW.
- EXPERIENCE: 1 year experience in a hospice, medical setting or home health environment preferred. Demonstrable experience with bereavement, grief, and loss.
- SKILLS: Social work skills as defined as generally accepted social work standards. Requires excellent verbal, written, communication and skills with strong interpersonal skills. Counselling skills required.
- TRANSPORTATION: Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance coverage.
- HEALTH STATUS: Meets all applicable agency policies and procedures related to health screening and required testing.
- MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER, GO-GETTER, HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, AND DEMONSTRATE CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume, cover letter, application (link is below) and salary requirements to:
Bethany Condit via e-mail Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Mountain Valley Hospice 108 Steele Avenue, Gloversville, NY 12078
LPN: FT evenings in the Nancy Dowd Hospice House – 8-bed facility. This position requires two years of clinical experience and a valid driver’s license.
RN Case Manager: PT/AAS or BSN preferred. Manage a partial caseload of patients and their families. Work closely with Interdisciplinary Team to provide the Optimum Hospice Experience. This position requires two years of clinical experience and a valid driver’s license.
Float RN: Casual AAS or BSN preferred. Assess patients in the home or hospital environment. Provide Compassionate Care and Education to patients and families as directed by the Case Managers. Work closely with the members of the Interdisciplinary Team to provide the Highest Standard of care to our patients. This position requires two years of clinical experience and a valid driver’s license.