Mountain Valley Hospice is a proud partner of We Honor Veterans, a national project developed by the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
According to the program, one in four dying Americans is a veteran. These men and women often carry experiences from their military service that present unique challenges at the end of life.
The We Honor Veterans project gives our Mountain Valley Hospice staff the tools to best meet those unique challenges. Special skills include:
- Counseling for physical or psychological trauma
- Expert symptom management
- Knowledge of veteran benefits and VA organization
- Experience with service recognition ceremonies
- Access to veteran-to-veteran volunteer programs
- Compassionate listening
- Grateful acknowledgements and recognition of service that will not be forgotten
Learn more about the partnership at We Honor Veterans.org